We have a strength cycle starting this week with a new focus (don’t worry you’ll still be squatting every class!)
This cycle will be a bit longer, spanning over 12 weeks, and for good reason. At the end of this cycle we will be holding our first in-house Olympic Weightlifting Meet.
Here are some details to keep on your radar with more to come:
- Clean & Jerk – 1 clean, 1 jerk (no jerk reattempts if missed)
- Snatch – one smooth motion ground to overhead
- 3 attempts for each lift
- After first attempt cannot decrease weight (only way to go is up!)
- Even playing field. We will be using the Sinclair Coefficients (link to these) which will normalize the weight classes, making it a strength to body weight representation.
- Judging Standards:
- Show control/Finish in frontal plane
- Stay on platform/stay on your feet (more details to come)
The Fun Stuff:
Lifting shoes, singlets, grunting and general shows of spirit and bad ass-ery are recommended, but not required.
Prizes for top three finishers!
Grab your lifting buddy and get ready…training starts today!!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org